The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) funds high quality research that is focused on the needs of patients and the public. We aim to ensure that the knowledge, experiences and interests of patients, service users, carers and the public inform and contribute to their work.
The NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC) are looking for members of the public to join their advisory committees with the following research funding programmes.
• Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
• Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME)
For more information and how to apply, please click https://www.nihr.ac.uk/vacancies/public-committee-member/23670
Public committee members bring a different viewpoint to the NIHR committees. The viewpoint of those who most research aims to help (patients, service users, carers, anyone affected by the research topics).
Public committee members join on an equal footing with other members. The usual expectations are to:
● Prepare for committee meetings by reading and assessing meeting papers (such as research applications/proposals)
● Regularly attend and participate in committee meetings (carried out virtually during COVID-19 pandemic)
● Contribute to the discussions and decision-making at committee meetings
● Present written and/or verbal assessments of applications, if required
● Be willing to undertake or attend relevant training, development and support activities offered free by the NIHR
To find out more about the role, take a look at the information below:
● ’Everything you wanted to know about being a public committee member’ is a video about public members sharing their experiences and insights on the role, including some useful tips
● ‘Public reviewing with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)‘ is a free online interactive course designed for new and experienced public committee members as well as public reviewers.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please click on the link below to download an Information Pack and application form from the NIHR website. The Information Pack provides more details about the role and how to apply.
The deadline for applications is 7th September 2020, 9AM
If you require paper copies of the documents, please contact: email@example.com
If you have any questions about these opportunities please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org